Html5 is now available after very long time. In 1999 the html4 was released and still it is used widely. Html5 is also supported by new browsers like firefox, opera, safari and chrome. But internet explorer not support html5. Maybe new version of ie will support html5. All the browsers not fully support html5. The full support of html5 by the browsers is under development.
Html5 is made available by the cooperation between the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and the Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group (WHATWG).
The new features of html5 are:-
- The canvas elementÂ is used for drawing.
- The video and audio elements are now available for audio and video playback. Some tags are available that insert the audio and video into the html5 structure. For example .ogg and .mp4 are extensions of video supported by some browsers and the video is played by flash player and browser plug-ins.
- Now html5 give better support for local offline storage.
- New form controls are available like calendar, date, time, email, url, search.
- New content specific elements, like article, footer, header, nav, section are also available.
- Html5 is device independent.
- Scripting is replaced with the markup.
- Better error handling.
- Reduce the need for external plugins (like Flash)
So the more you learn html5 the more you will ride your success.