Samsung has made a remarkable new phone named Samsung galaxy s4 which has most of its features related to older version i.e. Samsung galaxy s3. If you compare the shape of both these phones you will find only slight differences between both the sets.
Galaxy s4 is slightly lighter and Samsung has increased the display size of s4 also. The pixel density of this phone is also increased. More over the camera is also given a big attention, s4 has 13 MP of camera as compared to older version which has 8 MP of camera.
Here are some of the features of galaxy s4:-
- Size is 4.99 inches i.e. 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm.
- Display size is 1920 x 1080 pixel.
- Pixel density is 440 ppi.
- Weight is 130 g.
- Skin of polycorbonate.
- Processor of Exynos 5 Octa. There are two quad core processors. One is of quad core 1.6 GHZ Cortex – A15 and second is of quad cord 1.2 GHZ Cortex – A7.
- Rear facing camera is 13 MP with features like dual camera, eraser, drama shot and pictures with sound. Camera can capture a picture at 4128 x 3096 pixel.
- Front facing camera of 2 MP which can record 1080 pixel video.
- Battery of Li-on 2600 mAh.
- HTML5 browser.
- Ram is 2 GB.
- Android version of 4.2.2 with features of Smart pause, Smart scroll, Air gestures and S translator.
- Battery power is increased and it lasts for more time.
- Some other features are Safety assistance, panorama mode, S health and preview of photos on pc.
- S4 can work as a remote for your TV.
Another notable difference between s3 and s4 is that the new galaxy s4 has come up with gestures. You can now move your hand up and down close to the screen and it will navigate to next article. Similarly you can move your hand side by side to do the navigation. Another feature is the powerful sensors which can measure your room temperature, humidity.
You can also make a movie with both front and rear facing camera at the same time. For example you can record from front facing camera and a small portion of screen will capture your rear facing camera. There are many build in gestures you can see in the settings of the phone. The look of the s4 is quite same as that of s3. S3 and S4 has also SD card which can support up to 64 GB space. So if you have 64 GB of internal memory and also 64 GB of SD card then you can have quite large space to work around.
Let’s now lists some of the features of s3:-
- 4.8 inches in size i.e. 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm.
- 720 x 1280 pixel in dimension.
- 306 ppi in pixel density.
- 133 g in weight.
- Skin is made of plastic.
- 1.4 GHZ quad core processor.
- 1 and 2 GB of Ram. In some phones of s3 there is 2 GB of ram also.
- 8 MP of rear facing camera. Pictures can be captured with 3264 x 2448 pixel.
- 1.9 MP of front facing camera which is able to record 720 pixel video.
- 4.1.2 Version of android.
- 2100 mAh of battery.
- Not support html5 and only support html.
There is slight difference between the physical appearance of phone like the flash on back side is little bit moved like on s4 flash is below the camera while on s3 flash is aside the camera. And also the volume buttons are moved in s4 to little higher on left side. If you want to open the mobile to see battery then on s4 you have to open on left top side while s3 can be opened from top side. Physical size of battery is almost same. And the speakers on s4 is moved to left bottom while on s3 speakers are on top. There is some complain from the people about the speakers in s4 because if you hold s4 in hand then speaker will hide in hand and there is low volume.