Antivirus is a software program that detects, removes and clean malware, ransomware from your mobile device. Ransomware is malicious software that encrypts your files and asks you to pay for decrypting your files.
Android is a Linux based operating system that means if you install the apps from the google play store then you don’t need any antivirus software. Similarly, if you are iPhone, iPad, iWatch user then doesn’t install 3rd party apps on your phone.
Most free and paid antivirus software gets money from you and you don’t need to install the antivirus software if you follow the below steps:-
- Always download your apps from Google play store, Apple play store, and Amazon play store.
- Don’t install third-party apps on your phone. If you need 3rd party apps then always download the apps from trusted websites like amazon play store or apkmirror.com
- Always use chrome browser for visiting websites on mobile. Turn on safe browsing from settings in your chrome app. Also, turn off popup ads from showing on websites using chrome settings.
- Always remove unwanted apps from your mobile. Most of the apps on our mobile are those that you don’t use and they are using extra space. So uninstall unwanted apps from your phone.
- Always check your phone if any unknown apps are installed on your phone. This normally happens when you install apps from 3rd party websites.
- After 2 or 3 months reset your phone if it is slowing down. Be careful to back up your files before resetting your phone.
- Always use cloud-based apps for storing your photos, videos or any important files. Example of cloud-based apps is Google Drive, Google Photos, Dropbox, and Microsoft OneDrive etc.
Antivirus software does work as you suggest it work on your PC or MAC. You have more chances to get affected by malware, and ransomware on desktop computers because there are plenty of websites to download software. But in the case of mobile phone, you have already trusted apps stores like Google play store and Apple play store. So these play stores already check the apps for you and you will not get infected by using apps from there.